Part of me cannot believe that it’s already 2018, and part of me can. It’s so weird. 2017 seemed to fly on by. I hope 2018 is a great year for all of us!
I thought I’d split my resolutions into two categories, bookish and real life ones; since I actually have both this year!
MY BOOKISH RESOLUTIONS
1. Blog at least twice a week (knowing me, this may be ambitious).
2. Keep track of books read and money spent – I plan to bring back my monthly overview (which I only managed to do in January last year 😆 )
3. Read 50 books this year.
4. Change my website layout.
5. Read more diverse books.
6. Buy less, borrow more.
7. Read some of the dozens of comic books I own.
9. Do another purge (gain shelf space!)
10. Read one classic.
MY NON-BOOKISH RESOLUTIONS
1. Do yoga! I have a 21 day yoga habit challenge I want to complete and the Perfect Body Yoga Program (both are by Bad Yogi).
2. Keep going to Roller Derby. I seem to get to a certain point and then stop. I don’t necessarily want to graduate to the next level, but I would like to get some consistency and improvement going.
3. Pass my classes.
4. Keep my mental health. Last year wasn’t amazing, but I feel like I’m in a better place now and would like to stay that way.
5. De-clutter. This is a big ask. I have an entire wardrobe full of crap. But it needs to be done. Bit by bit, I can do this!
6. Do more crafts. I have heaps of wool, and plenty of cross stitch patterns floating around. It’s about time I did something with them.
7. Drink more water – water is SO BORING but really, that’s no excuse.
8. Cut back on sugar. I’ve gone from 2 to coffee to 1, surely I can at least halve that again.
Not a resolution, but I’m also going to give Bullet Journaling a go. I think it will be useful for my classes and maybe even blogging!
And something else I’m considering is if my study would make a better library/yoga room. I’m debating getting rid of my desk and replacing it with (more) bookshelves. I don’t use the desk for studying (that’s what the dining table is for) – I just, you know…put stuff on it, and my desk chair is where my jackets live 😐 hmmmm.
We shall see what 2018 brings.