I didn’t mean to disappear for almost 3 months. It just kind of happened.
I also didn’t mean to blog today, but I’m sitting on my bed with lecture notes spread out all over it, text book and notebook by my side; naturally it seemed like a good idea to do so 😆
Here’s a short list of what my past few months have looked like:
- I have not read a book since I finished Bite Club in late January. I did try to read the next novel in the series but got annoyed at everyone and everything in it. And honestly haven’t even glanced at a book since.
- Somehow I became addicted to watching Ink Master during two weeks I took off work (just because I could, staycation ftw!) And then I worked out I had soooo many seasons to catch up on, so have been working my way through seasons 1 to 10 (up to season 5 at the moment). Everyone is so bitchy, I love it!
- And then there’s the weird Property Brothers thing (they have so many shows). I want to renovate a house when I have money and time to do so. Maybe when I’m 60?
- Uni started. I dropped my statistics unit pretty quick (second time I have done this), then realised it’s an elective from a list with about 10 options I can choose from; so it’s off my list! I can’t remember if I mentioned it, but I changed my degree from Environmental Science and Marine Science to Genetics & Molecular Biology and Biological Sciences. There’s way more contact time than I was expecting 😮 but I get to wear my lab coat a lot more, so win?
- I do sometimes question my sanity about being a ‘mature age student’. I’m pretty sure I’m older than my lab demonstrators haha. The plus side: student discounts.
I hope everyone is well. I have been reading blogs here and there, but not commenting (sorry). I will try to catch up with everyone over the next few days.
I’m not sure where my blog is going to go from here. Books, life, other stuff? There’s not much motivation in me right now; but from past experience I know I’ll pick up a read at some point in the future which will light the spark again. It’s just a matter of time.